This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for a USB wifi dongle

Hi all. I'm new to Kubuntu, and only installed it yesterday. I really like it, I think it works fantastic on my computer and it is quite fast.

The only problem that I am having is that I can't get my wifi dongle to work with Kubuntu. I don't think my wifi dongle is supported, so I think I'll just buy another one.

I have searched through these forums, through the help docs and also on the ubuntu site, and I have read through the list of supported wifi hardware but I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a certain brand that has worked well for them?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Recommendations for a USB wifi dongle

Quite some time ago I read http://www.murrayc.com/blog/ and on that basis bought an MSI US54SE (from Germany) which continues to work out-of-the-box.

Dig about in that blog.

I think that he now has 4 entries about USB dongles, some of which worked with some versions and don't work with others.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Recommendations for a USB wifi dongle

I have a Belkin Model F5D7050 that someone gave me a couple of years ago, that amazingly enough worked out of the box. Plugged it in, and there it was.

Comment

Working...
      X