This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing : Stops @ 33% when partitioning disc

I have tried both sata and ide hard drives and DVD drives both desktop and alternate edition but, I keep getting stuck at 33% when partitioning. If I chose to install as OEM and select a Resize partition option that it gives me (its size is 178mb for swap and 2 gigs for /). If I choose the guided partitioning and select Use Entire Disk, Manual, or LVM it gets stuck at 33% .I can get by the partitioning problem by choosing the OEM and Resize method but, I'm curious as to why this happens. I remember when building Knoppmyth the auto-install feature needed the the hard drive as hda and dvd as hdc. I have tried to install this a few times now I have other problems with Nvidia driver; If I knew how to install this with out having to resize partitions as soon as I install the os.Any Ideas?

Re: Problems installing : Stops @ 33% when partitioning disc

1) Does the drive you are attempting to install to have another OS - Windows - or is it 'clean?'
    2) Have you downloaded and burned the GParted LiveCD and tried it? Many times, this works better than the built-in partitioner on the Kubuntu LiveCD.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

its clean. So what your saying is that I can make my partitions with Gparted then when I run the Kubuntu CD I will be able to leave the newly created partitions alone and install onto that?

Comment

Yes. Assuming that the drive actually doesn't have something physically wrong with it, GParted will allow you to configure the HD - establishe the partitions and the mount points - and when done, you reboot into the Kubuntu LiveCD and procede with the installation.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X