This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBM T61 Won't Wake after Suspend To Ram after latest updates

Hi there, I hope this is the right forum to post this in. If not, I apologize.

I have an IBM T61 running Intrepid and KDE 4.2 and I've successfully suspended to RAM up until about a month ago. My most recent efforts resulted in a successful suspend, but a failure to wake up. I hear the beep when I open the lid, and the led lights on the bottom blink and flash as if the machine is waking up, but I get no screen. I've tried using the Fn keys to switch monitors (Fn+F7) to wake from Sleep (Fn+F4) and to wake from Hibernation/suspend to disk (Fn+F12, and which I've never gotten to work since before Hardy) and tried to use the power button (which was the old method I used to use to wake the thing up from sleep. Nothing has worked and I end up having to reboot.

Is it something to do with my nVidia drivers? Or something else? Or am I just missing something really easy? Any help is appreciated. Thanks much!
    Jen

Re: IBM T61 Won't Wake after Suspend To Ram after latest updates

Have you tried the Spacebar? Maybe you need something simple like that.

Comment

Man, I would love it if it were that simple. As it is, one of the things I've tried was typing blindly a shutdown command, which included a space in it, so unless my other characters blotted out the spacebar's effect, I've flopped. However, I will try just the spacebar next time I put my computer to sleep. In the meantime, on a lark, I tried out the Suspend to Disk (hibernate) command, and miracle of miracles, my computer woke up and was legible, too! Except for a bluetooth crash (which is irrelevant because I don't have anything bluetooth anyway), I successfully brought the laptop out of the bear cave. A door closed and a window opened, I guess. I'd rather hibernate anyway, as it saves more power and battery life.

Comment

which version of the nVidia driver are you running? (use nvidia-settings if not sure)...

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

180.11 - I upgraded recently when pinged to do so by adept.

Comment

Yep...180.11 has resume issues...I think you need a driver after 180.27, but the newest stable driver works fine from the nvidia site.

Mm0
            Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
            X