This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Disc error found on 1 File Kubuntu 8.04.2

Hey guys! So I'm totally new to Linux and I thought that I could easily download Kubuntu 8.04.2 on my HP Omnibook 6000. It has 700+ MB RAM and 20 GB HD (I know this is not much at all). I've tried burning the ISO as a disc image on a CD and everytime I try to install it I get i/o errors on almost EVERY file. So I decided to try again and "Check Disc for Defects" and it says it found errors on 1 file and to press any key to reboot. This is the 5th time I've burned a Kubuntu disc and it's not working. I'm getting very frustrated! I'm using an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC that has Windows Vista on it. I'm double clicking on the ISO file and Vista pops up a Burn Disk Image prompt. Oh yeah, and it can't verify the disk after the burn. What am I doing wrong? Help please before I go crazy!!!

Re: Check Disc error found on 1 File Kubuntu 8.04.2

1) make sure that the media (discs) are of good quality. Poor CD quality gives you poor writes.
    2) download/use another .iso writer utility (what utility are you using?)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Check Disc error found on 1 File Kubuntu 8.04.2

i was using Windows Vista's own burn utility.For whatever reason the last time i tried it i got it to install without errors! I'm now just trying to get used to Linux! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X