This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetwork manager took over my configs

Hi, I have Ibex installed, and since the install my network has been wacked out, mostly because the ip config in Systemsettings network panel disappeared in this release. With no idea where it went to, I fell back to the config files in /etc. OK no problem it's all set. PROBLEM! every time the computer goes into standby and wakes up, the network is reconfigured. I have to do a :

sudo ifdown eth0
    sudo ifup eth0

to get my config back. So my question is where is Knetwork manager getting its setting from if not from the files in /etc? What can I do to reclaim my network??

Re: Knetwork manager took over my configs

Remove all network managers. You don't need them. They just screw things up.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

Comment

Before you uninstall knetworkmanager and probably network-manager, make sure you have a Kubuntu installation CD where to get them from later...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

The personal setting for your network will be stored in

~/.kde/share/config/knetworkmanagerrc

Most of those will be relevant only for wireless. A wired network Network-Manager will setup as a system connection so it will be always on.

If the file
        /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf contains

[ifupdown]
        managed=false

Network-Manager will not manage the connections that are described in /etc/network/interfaces. It will leave them alone and let ifupdown take care of them. At least it is supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
          If the file
          /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf contains

[ifupdown]
          managed=false

Network-Manager will not manage the connections that are described in /etc/network/interfaces.
          Got my hopes up for a second there. It's already set that way...

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
            Remove all network managers. You don't need them. They just screw things up.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0
            Bingo! Thanks. Makes me wonder why Kubuntu isn't configured without network managers by default. By all means let those who want them install them, but don't waste the time of the community at large.

Comment

Working...
            X