X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE CD DOES NOT WORK

Hi guys,
    I've got a computer with: 4 GB RAM, Intel Q8200 64 bit, NVIDIA GE 9300 VRAM 256 MB and a monitor of 22 inches.
    I wanted to install the grub from the live cd of kubuntu on my extra HD where there is installed kubuntu 8.10, because I bought a new computer and the linux HD was on the old one. I downloaded the kubuntu 8.10 live cd (the version for 64 bit architecture) and I burnt the image on a cd. When the boot starts, the cd is loaded and I can choose the language, then I choose the option: "try kubuntu without any changes to your computer", and the kubuntu blue bar appears, when it finishes loading the screen becomes black and I have to restart the computer because I cannot do anything in that situation. I tried several times, even with other live Cd's, such as the ubuntu one, or the previous version of the kubuntu one, but I see only a black screen.
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

thanks in advance,

Sandro
    Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Re: LIVE CD DOES NOT WORK

Hi Sandro,

did you try booting the live cd in safe graphics mode, I would try that before you do anything drastic.

Regards Stephen

Comment

no, I didn't tray that : what is the procedure ?

thanks again
      Sandro
      Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Comment

I tried the safe mode graphics, but pretty much the same thing happened.

Comment

#2 on the link in my signature.

Comment

Working...
          X