This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question can KDE 3.5.10 be loaded on top of KDE4

Dumb question can KDE 3.5.10 be loaded on top of KDE4.
    So you have choice when booting 3 or 4?
    KERNEL 2.6.24.21-generic<br />KDE 3.5.10<br />DUAL BOOT WINXP + KUBUNTU 8.04.1 64BIT<br />ONE SATAII HD WINXP<br />ONE SATAII HD KUBUNTU<br />ONE SATAII HD MEDIA<br />ONE SATAII PIONEER DVR-215D DVD-RW<br />ONE IDE PIONEER DVD-120S DVD ROM<br />ASUS M2A-VM MB<br />CPU AMD X2 2.6MHZ 5000+ <br />4G&nbsp; MEM<br />ATI Radeon X1650 Series VIDEO

Re: Dumb question can KDE 3.5.10 be loaded on top of KDE4

I'm not sure if you mean install the kde2.5.10 after kde4 or upgrade from 3.5.10. to kde4. In my case when I upgraded to kde4 it completely replaced 3.5.10 and you can only log into kde4., no kde3.5.10 option.
    Personally for me I think the upgrade is worth it but then your mileage varies and you may have plenty of custom settings you do not want to lose or cannot have in kde4.

Comment

Re: Dumb question can KDE 3.5.10 be loaded on top of KDE4

If i understand your question correctly, yes, KDE 3 (3.5.10) can be run alongside KDE 4, if you install Hardy, fully upgrade it, then tell Adept to install the kde4 and kde4-core packages and any other bits-and-pieces you fancy, you will then be able to boot into either of the KDE 3 or KDE 4 desktops.

In my experience, the two do not sit easily side-by-side - YMMV.

This is not the same as hopping from Hardy to Intrepid, they need to be two different installations.

Comment

Working...
      X