This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrepid Fails after 4 hours

took 4 hours to download into Hardy...followed step by step...upon reboot got to the squigly new desktop background and mouse cursor...freezes there - rechecked boot verbose and everything loaded up fine....had to re-install Hardy again - and here i am again wary of intrepid and the boogie man

Re: Intrepid Fails after 4 hours

How did you try to install Intrepid?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

thru direct installer (adept) ...afterwards it automatically replaced the Hardy files to the updated files.

Comment

weird.... I've seen a lot of problems with installs and updates lately.
        You said you used Adept Package manager?
        What if you ran the upgrade through Konsole?
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

the command for the installation was entered thru konsole...but all viewed updates that were coming in I could see were labeled "adept". I won't attempt again until this version is a bit more approachable.

Comment

maybe try running sudo dpkg --configure -a,
            then sudo apt-get clean
            then try updating.

Comment

Having a similar problem (not certain if it's the same)...
              Running on a Laptop, USB Mouse works OK with the live CD (8.10 Beta), works OK on initial install, then stops working after the first software update; the built-in touch-pad mouse is still OK.

BTW: it this a good place to post bug reports and comments?
              I have a slowly growing list..

Update:

Just installed the 2.6.25-2-i386 kernel and my USB mouse is working again...

Comment

if you are using 8.10 the best place to send bug reports would be to Launchpad.
                You can also post whatever problems you are having in here and everybody would try to help.

Comment

Working...
                X