Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will it be possible with final release to upgrade from Hardy Heron?? "YES"

@Dart -- just make a Live CD and play with that for awhile -- check out the browser, play a music CD -- whatever. If it seems good to go, you know what to do!

Comment

OK, i couldn't resist so upgraded from 8.04 kde4.1 to 8.10 beta via adept. So far so good except it downgraded my Amarok from kde4 beta to T & T kde 3.5.10.
      Normally I do a clean install with the alternate CD but it's great testament to the developers when the adept upgrade utility works so well. My laptop started as clean install 7.10 and subsequently upgraded via adept.
      Mucho gracias to the developers for cracking job.

Comment

My upgrade attempt was a complete disaster.
        I inserted alternate cd and started upgrade.
        After about one hour of process restarted computer.
        The graphic screen was like nvidia drivers are not loaded correctly. No visibile!!
        Install nvidia-glx-177 but no graphic screen anymore.
        I took off my nvidia card from computer go back to onboard ati 1250 card.
        Screen is back.
        I tried lots of times to run computer with nvidia card. Graphic screen not loaded.
        Error was no screen and sometimes no nvidia card found.

Decided to make clean install.
        Made backup.

Installed Interpid Ibex beta from alternate CD.

After install Nvidia driver not loaded again.
        Gone to console.

sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-177
        sudo nvidia-xconfig

everything works now.

Be carefull with upgrades!!!!
        Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Re: Will it be possible with final release to upgrade from Hardy Heron?? &quot;YES&quot;

"I always wait a month or so after the release to run the upgrade -"

Sound advice which worked for me too on the last two upgrades
          Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
          X