This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other HDDs not accessable

Dolphin puts the other hdds in the places menu but I can't get to them. I can't navigate to them manually either. Not even in Konq.

Ideas?

I do have to say that II looks awful purrrrdy though! KDE 4 is coming along sweetly! Not being able to access the other harddrives is a show stopper for me right now though.

Thanks,
    Kev

Re: Other HDDs not accessable

Are these hdd's newly installed or were they there when you installed Kubuntu?
    Check to make sure they are mounted.
    In Konsole try df –k, to see if it lists all of your hdd.
    If they do not show as mounted, try fdisk –l /dev/(hddname)

&quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Re: Other HDDs not accessable

They were there when I installed II, I can't even get to the other partition on the same HDD that II is installed on.

I think I know what the problem is, I installed from the Daily Live CD, without even booting to the desktop first. I don't know what the difference between the Daily install and the daily live is.. but I used the daily live like an install disk. I think that's what caused the problem.

I'll know after I re-install.

Thanks for your help!!!

Kev

Comment

Working...
      X