X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh install 7/16/2008 - No Root access

FYI

Greetings.
    I did a fresh install lastnight. Adept-manager can not update packages as when I launch it the password confirmation fails all the time (Also happens with all programs, cant even connect to my samba shares). Also network manager does not detect my network even though the network is connected and working.

I was able to update in terminal with Sudo apt-get but still the above problems persist.

Re: Fresh install 7/16/2008 - No Root access

Welcome to the club / party

I had that as well.

Had to do:
    Code:
    sudo passwd root
    in a terminal and type my user password twice.

I hope that points you in the right direction
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thanks, tried this when I got home and it worked.. Wish all fixes were this quick. Now to get Nvidia working!

Enjoying the party myself as I am a convert from Gnome to KDE (KDE4 in particular). I see the potential in it and am very excited to see each and every improvement / fix they make!!!!

Comment

Thanks, tried this when I got home and it worked.. Wish all fixes were this quick.
        This is not fixed only a interim work around

Cary
        The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Glad to be of help, but caryb is right. Intrepid is still very much alpha

As for Nvidea, I don't use that card but there is plenty here on this forum about that. Or post a new topic specifying your machine and its specs, especially which card you are using.
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X