X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings for SCAN in HP Device Manager

Hi,
    I've successfully installed Kubuntu 8.10 and it's picked up my HP F2280 all in one printer. I can print okay and sort of scan okay but I want to get the scanning configured properly so I hope someone can help me.

In the HP Device Manager there is an icon on the Actions menu "Scan" but it is not configured, what am I supposed to put in for the config?

Also although I can scan via Open Office I often want to scan straight from the scanner to jpeg or pdf so I don't want to do it via Open Office as that's very clumsy, what are my options?

As well as that every time I start Open Office I have to "Menu Insert, Picture, Scan, Select" then OK to "activate" scanner. After that I just do "Menu Insert, Picture, Scan, Request" (until I restart Open Office when I have to redo the "Select" first)

Many thanks for any help.
    The more I learn the more I realise the less I know

Re: Settings for SCAN in HP Device Manager

Along with optical scan resolution as high as 4800x9600 dpi and 48-bit color, the built-in transparency adapter provides scanning of two-up 35mm slides and negatives as well. Bundled with HP Photosmart software, you can save old or damaged photos, slides and negatives, removing dust and scratches and restoring faded color with an investment of no more than $100. You don't even have to buy a USB cable because, yes, HP has included one.

Of course there are tradeoffs at that price and we spent some time with a G3010 to see just what they are. Let's take a look at the specs and then get down to business.
    ================
    Advertisement links removed by Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X