X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound card with Kubuntu

Hello,
    I've been using Ubuntu 8.10 for a while then tried to install KDE and within 2 days everything crashed so that I had to reinstall Kubuntu.
    But now he sound card makes strange tocking noises if a sound is played. If a sound is ending with a "TOCK" it continues indefinately...
    It's a HDA Intel (ALC268 Analog) and was using Xine. I tried to install GStreamer as descriped in some forums but it seems they had another error.
    Now even the notebook soundkeys won't work. Everything worked fine with Ubuntu.
    Hope somebody has already seen/heard some problem like this...

Re: Sound card with Kubuntu

oh and I used ALSA under Ubuntu and the sound was also fine within the live cd...

Comment

Hi,

I use for mine sound Amarok and for video I use VLC.
      Dp you use also Xine
      T

You can easely install them with Synaptic

Check maybe this site => http://www.linlap.com/

Greetz
      The diamond can not be polished without friction, <br /> nor a man perfected without trials.

Comment

I dont think it's a codec problem.
        The bug appears in every situation starting with the logon sound...

Comment

Hi,

I did read at this board about other people who did had trouble about soundcards.
          What I could figger out, was that some people did fix there problem with the installation of "PulseAudio".

Try to find it with Synaptic and install it. Maybe it can help you
          The diamond can not be polished without friction, <br /> nor a man perfected without trials.

Comment

Working...
          X