This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shuting down ( solved )

I have a Dell XPS m1530 and I have noticed that my computer is over heating lately. It was not doing that before. Now, every time I am using the computer for a little while and then it shuts down really quick, when I put my hands close to the fan I notice the amount of heat coming out. What to do? that is the question.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: shuting down

How old is the PC? When it's running, do you hear the fan turning on at all?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I bought it 4 months ago, and it was working fine, but lately the fan starts. I am afraid that I will have to reinstalled the OS

Comment

You almost certainly have a fan that is not doing its job.

Comment

Just a thought, but do you have video drivers loaded? Nvidia has some fan controls built into their drivers. I'm not certain if this is it either because usually the fans would idol down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigAmbulance
            Just a thought, but do you have video drivers loaded? Nvidia has some fan controls built into their drivers. I'm not certain if this is it either because usually the fans would idol down.
            that might be the case. I am using Nvidia driver, and I have also noticed that the fan stay on when I am using compiz or plasmoid, if I am ripping a dvd it just shuts off. How can I fix it?

Comment

I can't speak of the fan controls for the Ubuntu blessed Nvidia drivers. But what I do use is the actual drivers from Nvidia. They idol the fans down once the drivers are fully loaded upon bootup. The thing that bugs me about this is that you say you have overheating problems. The problem I had with the Nvidia drivers were that the fans ran wide open. That wouldn't cause it to overheat, just noisy.

Have you ever looked in your case while it's on to see if there is a cooling fan out? I agree with others on this post that it might be a fan not doing what it's supposed to. What I experienced is different.

Comment

I think the problem is that I use soft surfaces to put my laptop like couch, bed and so forth. The computer takes air from the bottom so, I guess that is the problem thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X