This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution on Plasma Screen for EEE Box B202

I have recently purcahsed a B202 and decided to install Kubunto 8.10 on it. I am going to be conecting this to my 42" Plasma screen, ewhich has a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768. The Eee Box came with XP which displayed correctly in the TV. I prepared an SD card to boot Kubutu from. This booted, but the screen was not readable - the text is far too small, but the image being displayed doesn't fill the screen at the left and right. Looking at the info that the TV gave it was a resolution of 848 x 480. There were bars doen the left and right of the display which looked like random pixels. I connected the Eee Box to a 17" LCD monitor that I have and rebooted and the display was fine.

I managed to do the install OK. However when connected to the TV I still can't get it to display correctly. I have tried altering the screen size through System Settings but that doesn't fix the issue.

I tried running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, but didn't get asked about resolutions during that. A bit of googling seems to suggest that to be the new behaviour. I did try manually editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf with some settings found on some posts about the Eee Box (http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=39698 and http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/) but that didn't make any difference. Can somebody please advise how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Screen Resolution on Plasma Screen for EEE Box B202

I haven't managed to get anywhere with this. I downloaded Easy Peasy 1.0 (www.geteasypeasy.com)and created a live bootable sd card. When I booted from that I got a display that was viewable on my TV. I am considering installing this but have a few questions.

I am used to using KDE, hence my initial install of Kubuntu. Easy Peasy is based on Ubuntu and as such has GNOME. I know that I can install KDE and use it, but that means that GNOME is still there. Can this be removed? Is this an easy task? Is it necessary to remove GNOME?, i.e. will it interfere with KDE, does it take up a large amount of disk space?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comment

Working...
    X