This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nVidia 6100 embedded video issue

I'm running Intrepid on an X2 dual core with a Gigabyte motherboard. It has nVidia 6100 onboard, and the most recent kernel update completely hosed the graphics on Compiz-Fusion. I'm using the latest nVidia driver from the Kubuntu repository. Please assist or I'll be forced to leave Kubuntu until the next version.

Re: nVidia 6100 embedded video issue

While waiting for assistance from members using nVidia cards, why not just reboot into the previous kernel?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had thought about that, but was worried that my X settings might have been altered as well. Turns out that they were not changed. Thanks for the reminder. My chief concern is that it might screw up for my nephew when I build his machine. I bought him an nVida card as well. Well, if push comes to shove, I can edit the grub config file to eliminate the troublesome kernel from the boot sequence.

Personally, this surprised me. Usually the Kubuntu team stays on top of this stuff. Well, I guess everybody makes mistakes.

God bless ya fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalStorm_Zero

It has nVidia 6100 onboard, and the most recent kernel update completely hosed the graphics
        Not sure I understand ...

It is a normal "feature" of Linux that the proprietary driver must be installed on each kernel -- booting a new kernel will always result in a failure of the X server, if the prior kernel was using a proprietary graphics driver. Is that what you are observing, or did you actually install the Nvidia driver on your new kernel, and then had the failure?

Comment

Working...
        X