This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No keyboard after update today (10/06/2008) Kubuntu 8.10

I just installed the beta yesterday and was able to get everything working just fine with kubuntu 8.10. Today, after I installed some updates and rebooted, the keyboard & mouse don't work right with kde4.1. CTRL+ALT+BKSPACE works, CTRL+ALT+F# works (and I can log into a text console), but no keypress seems to get to the window manager. The mouse works somewhat. Half of the time, clicking the left button will click a button (it goes down), but sometimes it seems like it's the wrong button, others nothing happens.

No, if I log out and login using gnome, everything is happy and works fine.

Hardware
    DELL Inspiron e1705
    2GB memory
    Intel wireless N adapter (used to use iwl4965 driver - I mention this because sometimes the driver kills the keyboard, but it works fine in gnome).

Software
    Kubuntu 8.10 Installed 10/5/2008, updated 10/6/2008.

No keyboard after update today (10/06/2008) Kubuntu 8.10 - updated

Update:
    I found out this morning that it appears to be something with scim-bridge/scim-panel-gtk. The task manager showed dozens of scim-panel-gtk sessions open. I killed them all and they came back (I was able to use the keyboard for a brief shining moment). I then killed scim-bridge and all of the scim-panel-gtk processes again and they didn't come back this time.

With that closed, I am able to use the keyboard without any troubles now. But this will make for an annoying task on login.

Comment

Re: No keyboard after update today (10/06/2008) Kubuntu 8.10

I'm having the same problem as well! Hope it gets fixed soon because its very annoying!

Comment

Working...
      X