This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING OR UPGRADING TO INTREPID

I heartily suggest that anyone interested in upgrading to Intrepid Ibex 8.10 take a look at some information before doing so.

First is the Release Announcement, which also has some important links to read, as well as a list of some known issues.

First is KDE's Is KDE 4.1 for you? page.

Next is a basic FAQ on the KDE3-KDE4 migration

Personally, I generally recommend a clean install of any new version of Kubuntu. Upgrades seem to be hit and miss, with some having poor results. (though this is the first time I did an upgrade without any major problems - just the known icon theme issue). I also recommend trying the live cd for a bit before you dive in.

Lastly, I ask our forum members to keep this forum topic for support issues, and please leave the ranting and complaining about the move to KDE4 in a non-support channel, perhaps either in Everything Else or in Social/Casual Talk

Thank You!

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING OR UPGRADING TO INTREPID

Thank YOU!

So, I was really lucky to read this. I must say, I'm currently running Kubuntu v7.04 (and I'm a little shy about it, lol) and I was thinking to upgrade to v8.10.
    I guess is kinda dumb to ask 'is it really that different?', so, I'll go and read those links you posted man, thnx a lot!

Comment

Yep. KDE 4 is not just an "upgrade". It is a "different thing". If you're not prepared for a major change, as in familiar things from KDE 3.5 gone, better take it slow and easy.

Comment

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." 8)
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And on those notes, I am locking this topic as I originally intended

Comment

Working...
          X