This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to render pdf in browsers

None of my browsers will show a pdf any more. That is except Konqueror which has always done everything.

In system settings -> file associations -> application -> pdf I have *.pdf and *.PDF pointing to KPDF but that does not do the trick. Note that KPDF works properly when I just click on any pdf, it just doesn't come up in the browsers. What I see is a tiny little circle in the middle of a black screen.

Suggestions?

Re: How to render pdf in browsers

I think you should be looking at your browser(s) settings rather than the Kubuntu System Settings. I'm using Firefox and if I select Edit -> Preferences -> Applications, the action for PDF Document is Always ask. However, I can toggle that to use either Okular or Other.

Regards .....
    Kubuntu User #9802
    Linux Registered User #357086

Comment

Re: How to render pdf in browsers

Hmm. It started happening in all browsers at once. However, I'll try your suggestion.

So: In Firefox Edit -> Preferences -> Applications it says "Use Mozplugger etc etc" and now I've changed it to KPDF. And it works! Thanks.

Unfortunately I rarely use FF for pdfs but I'll try the other browsers after I get up tomorrow. What threw me is that they all used to do pdfs until some upgrades happened.

Comment

Working...
      X