Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop effects disabled windows switching.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop effects disabled windows switching.

Hi guys. I enabled desktop effects in KDE3 - compiz. They are nice but I found out that it doesnt accept key combination Alt+Shift+Tab for Switch to previous window. It says ISO_something instead of shift.
    So I disabled all effects and I have problem with windows switching. Alt+Tab works, but I dont see list of windows (applications) to go through them.

The result is that pressing Alt+Tab causes immediate switch to next application instead of showing list of them. And I repeat, the desktop effects are OFF.

Thanks for you help

Re: Desktop effects disabled windows switching.

Hey, I just noticed that noone replied to your message, so I wanted to give a possible solution(s) just in case it might help.

What I would do, as long as you don't need desktop effects, is enable the window list. That way, you can at least see the title of the window before you switch there.
    The way to do this is to go into system settings, then click on "Window Behavior", then in the "Main" tab, change the effect to "No Effect". Then, check the box next to "Display list while switching".

Also notice that at the bottom of the same page, you should be able to change the keyboard shortcuts for both the main window switch (Alt-tab) and the alternative (usually Meta-tab).

Hope that helps
    Running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit on an EeePC netbook (model: 1005HAB).&nbsp; <br /><br />Found the following image online and thought it was funny:<br />

Comment

Working...
    X