This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok updating collection all the time

amarok will not stop updating my music collection. every couple of minutes it starts over again.
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Re: amarok updating collection all the time

I've had that same impression before, but usually it's just that it has not ever finished with my entire collection. Just let it run, and see if it eventually finishes.

p.s. I tried Enlightenment too (e-live) -- it was pretty cool!

Comment

Well, it does finish and then starts over again, finishes and starts over... It also updates at every start. Another thing that is rather odd. When I disconnect one usb hdd (the one that amarok update loops) and connect a different one, amarok update stalls at 100%. I think I am going to switch to JUK. It seems to work better.
      I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Hmmmm ... a USB hard drive? I wonder if the USB connection makes it re-start (thinks it is a new drive, maybe every time it is connected)?

Is that Amarok KDE4? I admit I'm having some "adjustment anxiety" getting used to the new one. I threw in the towel and used alsaplayer the other day, just to have a simple process. :P

Comment

I used to get problems with this and tried using the mysql option which did not work at all for me. I have a very large collection which did take ages to load up but more recently it seems to have stopped taking long.

I did find this bug report using google at the time from back in May which shone some light on it

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=479068

Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
          X