X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cd icon appears..

help,
    i put in a music cd in my cd rom drive, but no icon appears on the desktop nor in root/cdrom. but it appears in the rythmbox music player! is there something wrong, or do i have to download a package?
    please help,
    danny

Re: No cd icon appears..

What version of Kubuntu/KDE are you using?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

i am using the new kubuntu 8.04, i think it was kde 4 or something

Comment

OK, with the new KDE4.x it does not put the mounted cd's or drives on you desktop.
        Go to KMenu >Computer and you should see it there if it was detected.
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

it still doesn't work, it only shows devices like usb memory devices or sd cards and floppy discs

Comment

Working...
          X