This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add delete to right click menu

Is there a way to add a menu item to the context menu that will just delete. There is already a send to trash that I use by holding the shift key. I would like to add one that will just delete without holding the shift key.

I did some googling but didn't turn up anything. Maybe I wasn't searching correctly.

Thanks,
    Harold
    Harold<br />Kubuntu 8.04<br />Mepis 7.0 &amp; 8.0<br />Mint 5 KDE

Re: add delete to right click menu

If you use Konqueror as your file manager, go to ->Settings ->Configure Konqueror ->Behaviour and enable the "Show 'Permanently Delete' context menu entries which bypass the Deleted Items folder" and then tick the boxes beneath it which you wish to apply.

If you're brave enough to "Permanently Delete" them don't tick that one, and they will disappear forever.

Comment

Is there a way to add a menu item to the context menu that will just delete.
      Yes > Topic: Service Menus with Dolphin >> Removing without Shift + Delete

Ealier > Topic: Disable Trash / KGPG Default Setting / Context Menu
      I would like to disable system wide the use of trash (dumbest invention, imho). The goal is, whenever I press "delete" or choose "remove/delete" from a context menu, it should ask me "Would you like to delete file/folder xyz?" and after choosing "yes" simply delete it.
      A way to do that > Replacing default (move to the trash) action from Delete button (in the keyboard).
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks, aged hippy & Rog131. That is exactly what I needed. No wonder my searching didn't turn up anything useful. I was not using the term 'service menu'.
        Harold<br />Kubuntu 8.04<br />Mepis 7.0 &amp; 8.0<br />Mint 5 KDE

Comment

hello everyone.. I am new to this forum and I really appreciate the fantastic response of the senior members towards the question / problem raised by the users...... really feels gud over it..... thanks and hope to spend a gud time here......

Comment

Working...
          X