Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ti change user language, beside KDE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ti change user language, beside KDE?

I know I can change the default language of KDE in System Settings -> Regional & Language, but this only affects KDE applications
    Is there a way to select a language which will be my default language in all applications?

Re: How ti change user language, beside KDE?

In KDE | System Settings | Region & Language there are several options.

Install New Language Uninstall Language Select System Language

The last one - Select System Language - is the one that you want. Do this on line, if the new language isn't installed, Adept will open and get it for you along with versions for OpenOffice, Gimp and other programs that you may use. When you reboot, everything will be in the system language.

You can also just "Add Language" which only adds them, then you can toggle between your system language - used by KDE, menus and the other language(s). If the language uses a different script then you will need
    SCIM and SKIM for KDE to allow you to input the new language characters.

HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: How ti change user language, beside KDE?

Originally posted by kevinc

In KDE | System Settings | Region & Language there are several options.

Install New Language Uninstall Language Select System Language

The last one - Select System Language - is the one that you want. Do this on line, if the new language isn't installed, Adept will open and get it for you along with versions for OpenOffice, Gimp and other programs that you may use. When you reboot, everything will be in the system language.

You can also just "Add Language" which only adds them, then you can toggle between your system language - used by KDE, menus and the other language(s). If the language uses a different script then you will need
      SCIM and SKIM for KDE to allow you to input the new language characters.
      Thanks for a fast reply didn't notice those two buttons

Comment

Working...
      X