This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PacketTracer5

I am a cisco student, one of the programs I need is PacketTracer5. I downloaded it, the ubuntu 7.1 file was the newest they had, it was the one with all the tutorials.

The directions for download said to change the permission to be executable. So I typed in the terminal (chmod +x PacketTracer5_i386_installer-deb.bin) after this I tried the same command, I received the bash error. Then I tried just typing the title and received the same bash error. Then I typed sudo apt-get Packet... still getting a bash error.

What have I done wrong, is there another way to get a full install of packet tracer 5 with the tutorial.
    Thanks in advance for all your help.
    wratliff
    In virtue tus, Domini, Laetabitur Justus, ut super <br />salutare tuum exsultabit ye-hementer;<br />desideraium animae ejus tribuisti ei. ps 20:4

Re: PacketTracer5

type:
    sh PacketTracer5_i386_installer-deb.bin

to execute it

Comment

what is sh, and do I need to move it from my desktop to the bin?
      and thank you so much for the reply.
      In virtue tus, Domini, Laetabitur Justus, ut super <br />salutare tuum exsultabit ye-hementer;<br />desideraium animae ejus tribuisti ei. ps 20:4

Comment

It worked. I now have Packet Tracer 5 installed on my computer.
        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X