This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kio_thumbnail bugs me off [solved, sort of]

since not so long ago I have this bug including kio_thumbnail maxing out the CPU whenever I mount a DVD or CD-ROM.

Same happens when I move the mouse pointer over a .svg file on my dektop. Apparently this doesn't cause it to get stuck in a loop like mounting the DVD does.

Anyone else?

Re: kio_thumbnail bugs me off

I had the same problem at times with kde 3.5.9 with svgs as well...
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Ok, now I found kio_thumbnail gets stuck in a loop any time I perform any action involving the desktop. Like when I move files from the desktop or save files on the desktop...

very strange and I assure you I alway do my updates

Comment

allrighty - still don't know what the real problem is, but I could get rid of it!

Turns out the bug was caused by .svg files I had saved to the dektop. Everytime I did something which included the desktop in some sort (like save something to it or mounting a dvd) made kio_thumbnail to get stuck. After I removed the .svg's from the desktop and put them somewhere else the problem's gone.

All the svg's were created with inkscape. And come to think of it only one of them never had a preview... so chances are good this was caused by a buggy svg.

wierd, huh?

Comment

Working...
        X