This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Got Skype Video with Full Screen

I have Skype 2.0.0.72 installed with a Logitech Quickcam Ultra Vision working. Those who receive my video on MS Windows get a good picture which they can see on Full Screen. However on my system, even when I double the size, the received picture stays at the original starting size. I am doing this on an Asus F3Jr with an ATI Radeon X2300 graphics card and I have the ATI Catalyst Control Center installed.

Has anyone been able to get a full screen image of the person they are talking with using Skype? If so, could you please let me know how you were able to do it? I hope I am not the only one with the problem.

NoWorries

Re: Has Anyone Got Skype Video with Full Screen

Try installing skype using ultimatix

Comment

Hi Kuboontu,
      As I only do Skype sessions once a week, I have only now been able to test your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work .

I had the picture of our Son at the startup size and doubling did not change his image size. I still have a problem that the webcam driver crashes after about 40 minutes and the MS solution, ie reboot, is required to fix it. I have been assuming that the problem I am experiencing is not related to the webcam (Logitech Quickcam Ultra Vision).

I found that ultamatix gives all the impressions of a package under development. I removed Skype using synaptic and installed it with ultamatix. I found that ultamatix does not show what packages are already installed and it also resulted in the apt-get updater showing the same available updates after doing the update. The packages that remained after an update were: avidemux, bogofilter-bdb, mplayer. I was able to remove these by disabling the repository http://repoubuntusoftware.info/. I also found that ultamatix duplicated some of my repositories. So I had to do some repair work to undo what ultamatix did to my system.

I am still wondering if I am the only person without the ability to get skype images full screen.

NoWorries

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries

I am still wondering if I am the only person without the ability to get skype images full screen.

NoWorries
        I don't get full screen. So you are not the only one. Ditto for Ekiga. No full screen there either. But I don't have a solution, just watching this thread with interest. I don't understand what would be different about the Skype installed from the repositories and the one installed from ultimatix. Skype is Skype.

Comment

Hi Detonate,
          Thanks for the news on your experiences. I certainly agree that there should be no difference between Skype from kubuntu repositiories and that from ultamatrix.
          I am not a software expert but, from your experiences, I suspect that the video calls for drawing the received image on both Skype and Ekiga use parameters that are not in the kubuntu image drawing routines. So, if Skype works fullscreen on other distributions, I would suspect that the problem is in the kubuntu software.
          I have been patiently waiting for an X server or some other image library update that fixes this problem. Skype is the only software that I use MS Windows for on a regular basis.

NoWorries

Comment

Working...
          X