This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Missing Toolbar Menu Icons - OpenOffice

I am running OpenOffice 2.4.1 in Kubuntu v8.04 64 bit.

None of the toolbars have icons available; all I see is text. I checked options and icon plus text is the selected option.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Missing Toolbar Menu Icons - OpenOffice

I have the same setup as you. I have not changed any of the default settings for OO. I just popped open Calc and it looks fine.

EDIT: I opened "Tools > Options > OpenOffice.Org > View" and it has a checkmark in "Show icons in menus" -- if that is of any help.

Comment

Thanks dibl; tried that but nothing has changed. It is the same with all the OO modules.

[img width=400 height=72]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8426/tempimage01kl5.jpg[/img]
      The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

You know, I vaguely recall having that problem a long while back. Are you running Compiz? If so, try changing back to Kwin and then restart the X server, and see if it makes any difference in OO. I think there was some interference between Compiz (or perhaps it was Beryl at the time) and the OO display function.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          You know, I vaguely recall having that problem a long while back. Are you running Compiz? If so, try changing back to Kwin and then restart the X server, and see if it makes any difference in OO. I think there was some interference between Compiz (or perhaps it was Beryl at the time) and the OO display function.
          No dibl not running either.

I posted this to the OO forum too, no response yet.

Found a similar post there and the solution offered was to create a new user profile for OO which I did with no luck.

Comment

There's an ".openoffice.org2" hidden directory in my user folder -- is that what you replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              There's an ".openoffice.org2" hidden directory in my user folder -- is that what you replaced?
              Linux, run a command such as mv ~/.openoffice.org2 ~/.openoffice.org2.backup

Start OpenOffice.org

Comment

The problem was that icons needed were not installed with OO.

The following solution in the OO forum post I made fixed it.

You can also try experimenting with the other icon themes, some of which you may need to install from the repos (for example, openoffice.org-style-crystal - that's an apturl). I don't know if that gets installed automatically with Kubuntu.
                Downloading openoffice.org-style-crystal and installing it via synaptic fixed the problem.

P.S. - For good measure downloaded all the font sets, that is everything (4 altogether I think) starting with "openoffice.org-style-".

Comment

Working...
                X