X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Play My DVD [SOLVED]

Hey guys, need help here.

I tried looking up the problem here in the forum, but I ended up with my old post:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3092527.0

Apparently I had the same trouble earlier but I managed to solve it by installing some missing codecs.
    But now, I seem to have all restricted codecs installed & yet cannot play my DVD.

To make things more clear, I managed to play a usual DVD movie with Kaffeine Player. But I cannot play my Yanni Live - The Concert Event DVD. I've tried all media players I have. Kaffeine, VLC, Xine, mplayer.

Non of them could play it.

MPlayer: "MPEG: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug "

Kaffeine: (Displays as being ready to play the media, you click play, it starts displaying the title @ the title window & then stops)

VLC: (Almost same as Kaffeine)

Xine: "The source can't be read. Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain data (e.g: no disk in drive). (Error reading from DVD.)

Now I've heard about dvd encryption or so to prevent illegal copy. But I cannot know why isn't it playing. It plays normally under Windows & DVD players.

Any idea?

Thnx in advanced.

Re: Cannot Play My DVD

HOWTO: Get commercial DVD playback in Kaffeine
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Cannot Play My DVD

Wow, it worked
      Never doubted your solutions.

Thnx Snowhog.

BTW, one question though, why don't such packages get installed by default when installing restricted codecs?

Would be lot easier than searching for each alone.

Comment

Re: Cannot Play My DVD [SOLVED]

Glad it worked for you. As to your question, who knows. :P Given that Canonical has included the option to activate the Proprietary drivers for devices (restricted) and Software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse) repositories in Adept Manager ....

But then, you have to manually add the Medibuntu repository, so ....
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X