X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KnetworkManager - help

Hi, I'm rather new to world of Linux - use only gui

I have KNetworkManager as part of HardyH but it does not start when I try to open it - anything I can do?

I presume I have to use it when I will try to connect my two PC's - each using HardyH.
    thx
    Rusty

Re: KnetworkManager - help

Hi,
    I left "knetworkmanager" because of problems with wifi; with that program, wired connections were OK, but I was unable to configure and run wifi connections (as many other users, as I learned from the forum). Therefore, I installed "wicd" and I'm absolutely happy with it. Give it a chance! Easy to configure and performs well both with wired and wifi connections. It can be downloaded and installed with adeptmanager.
    Bye

Comment

When you open knetworkmanager it will simply appear as an icon in the panel. It will not open up a window. Just right-click on the icon and it should list any wireless networks it can see.

Comment

Hi, MF-linux refered to 'wicd' - I cannot find it with synaptic
        how do I find it?
        rusty

Comment

In kubuntu 8.10: How do I make sure that a screenlet which requires internet connection is started after knetworkmanager, or how can I make sure knetworkmanager starts much earlier than it does now (it's loaded as one of the last tray icons now). I can t find anywhere how knetworkmanager is 'autostarted'.

Comment

Working...
          X