This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird acts a little quirky after importing old profile

So I copied the entire .mozilla-thunderbird folder from my gutsy install into the hardy one and now almost everything works, with the exception that when I try to attach an image or a file, it wants to look into the former ~/home folder of my former OS instead of the current one. I don't see a setting to change this. How do I do it?

Re: Thunderbird acts a little quirky after importing old profile

Go to Tools > about:config and search for these settings and change the values to /home/<youraccount>

browser.download.dir
    mail.compose.attach.dir
    messenger.save.dir

This should fix the old directory settings.

Edit: In about:config, you might also want to do a search for "directory" and scroll down to where the mail.server.server#.directory entries start and make sure they're set to your current account folder, so

"/home/<OLDaccount>/.mozilla-thunderbird/w3kkcuth.default/Mail/Local Folders"

would be changed to

"/home/<NEWaccount>/.mozilla-thunderbird/w3kkcuth.default/Mail/Local Folders"
    Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue...

Comment

I don't understand. There's no about:config in the tools section of thunderbird.

Comment

I'm sorry, you'll have to install the about:config extension for Thunderbird. You can find it at http://aboutconfig.mozdev.org

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue...

Comment

OK. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X