X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working desktop search for Hardy Remix?

HI all,

For the longest time I've been trying to get *some* kind of desktop search working. Way back on Dapper/Edgy, I used to use beagle which worked well, but somewhere along the line that stopped working, and Strigi and Tracker have never consistently worked at all for me. Strigi throws out my preferences even when I chmod + hand edit the daemon.conf. Tracker just doesn't return any results at all.

Does anyone have a working desktop search solution that works on Hardy Remix. I don't care if it eats ram for breakfast (I have 4 gig). I don't care if the indexes are 5 gig large. I just want something faster than Kfind that works.

Other than this I'm *loving* Hardy Remix. Dolphin is clean. The type-to-search in the menu has become indispensible and overall stability already seems as good as my KDE 3.59 ever was. Two thumbs up to Riddell (sp?) and friends.
    Kubuntu Lover - The blog for Kubuntu lovers since 2008!

Re: Working desktop search for Hardy Remix?

Two possibilities to check out are doodle and kat, both available in Adept Manager
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Working desktop search for Hardy Remix?

Thanks! I'll give them a look and report back here for the other "search-challenged" amongst us.
      Kubuntu Lover - The blog for Kubuntu lovers since 2008!

Comment

Working...
      X