Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add programms/ widgets to "task bar" in KDE 4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add programms/ widgets to "task bar" in KDE 4?

Hey everyone.

I'm just trying out the brand new KDE 4 and already ran into a, to me, major problem...

I accidentially removed the "K-Menu" from the "task bar" while trying to figure out how to add quick start entries for applications to the "task bar".

Now: how do I get it back? I can easily add it as a "widget" to the desktop - but that's it. Right clicking on the black part of the task bar doesn't trigger any action and I also cannot drag&drop widgets from the desktop to the task bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Add programms/ widgets to "task bar" in KDE 4?

When selecting the widget, you have to 'drag it' directly to the task bar from the widget selection list. Read claydoh's GUTSY KDE4 Tips and tricks post.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Add programms/ widgets to "task bar" in KDE 4?

Originally posted by Snowhog
      When selecting the widget, you have to 'drag it' directly to the task bar from the widget selection list. Read Kubicle's GUTSY KDE4 Tips and tricks post.
      thats good to know. thanks! i accidentally removed the clock widget from the taskbar and couldn't get it to reintegrate into the taskbar...now i know how.
      <br />

Comment

Re: Add programms/ widgets to &quot;task bar&quot; in KDE 4?

You can also right click on any app in the kmenu and choose "add to panel"
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yes if only I could show my desktop pic on here, I have all my apps (firefox, home folder, ksnapshot, pidgin, thunderbird etc parked nicely on the taskbar.
          Its easy, just as Fintan says, go into the menu's pick an app, right click and then choose either diesktop or 'Add to Panel'
          If a little old granny can suss it then anyone can!

TG

Comment

its not possible to add another panel yet is it? (more than one panel).
            <br />

Comment

Dunno, will have a bash but I have somehow lost the RSS feed widget that I had somehow got hold of anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched for it amongst the packages and I have the extragear already installed.

TG Ignore this post have found it!

Comment

Working...
              X