X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to enable windows media video play on konqueror

hi

Previously i was using kaffine on kde 3.5 to view windows media embeded video on konqueror. now i am on kubuntu 8.10 with kde 4.1.2 and installed kaffine, kmplayer but cannot play any windows media in konqueror web browser.

are there any players that support windows media on kde 4 that i can use to view streaming windows media embeded in browser. check this site that has windows media. www.rajshri.com for indian movies.

Thanks

Re: how to enable windows media video play on konqueror

I believe I have the same problem.
    To see flash movies you need Adobe Flash Player. Unfortunately Adobe only provides a linux player for 32 bit systems. I think for now you have to decide if you need a 64 bit OS (and give up of playing movies until Adobe makes a version for 64 bit systems) or you prefer to see movies in your web browser and just install the usual 32 bit Kubuntu version...

Comment

No, I do not have problems playing flash on you tube or bbc, but it is windows media like wmv and other M$ media crap that i cannot play. previouslt kaffine used to play fine. but the version of kaffine is for kde 3.5.10 and kde 4 version is not ready yet. may be thats the reason that i cannot play embeded M$ video. the dragon player does not play it either. guess have to wait until kaffine is ready for kde 4.

All adobe flash plays fine.

Linguru

Comment

able to get embeded windows media working by installing mplayer mozilla plugin. for some reason the update from 8.10RC to 8.10 did notwork fine. did a complete reinstall of 8.10 and everything seems to work fine

Comment

Working...
        X