This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home size

Hello. Thanks for the forum! (First post).

Problem: I'm the only user in my HardyHeron. The home directory says it is 96% used.
    So I have "Free space 1.8GB out of 37GB". But in truth my documents are no more than 3 GB.

I saw the hidden files in the home directory (where the counting jumps more than 30GB suddenly) and can't find the problem.

Some one may help?
    Thank you
    rpa

Re: Home size

I would recommend that you run konqueror, open your home directory and then, right-click on the background>preview in>File Size View
    this will show the the folder with all of its contents scaled by their size. You will be able to see exactly what is taking up space. There is probably some equivalent way to do this with dolphin but I use konqueror so I have no idea what it would be.

Comment

Thank you. It worked.
      /home/"""rpa"""/.local/share/Trash/files/.strigi/clucene , which i don't know what it means, has huge and strange files in it.

Strigi has some problem..... I am not using it anymore.

Thanks once again

Comment

Originally posted by rpa
        Thank you. It worked.
        /home/"""rpa"""/.local/share/Trash/files/.strigi/clucene , which i don't know what it means, has huge and strange files in it.

Strigi has some problem..... I am not using it anymore.
        FYI, Strigi is a desktop search application. It probably stores its index files in your $HOME directory in order to perform search quickly. I would imagine Strigi provides a way to clean up the index files.
        Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
        Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Working...
        X