This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please update BibleTime to v-1.6.5

I've suggested this twice on bugs.ubuntu.com for 2 different bugs, but haven't received any dev feedback yet

It would be nice if somebody could update BibleTime to version 1.6.5, a "bugfix" version; v-1.6.4 has one bug that absolutely drives me up the wall (probably because the earlier, working versions spoiled me) -> it won't add any modules to the current view :P  This is important to me because it allows me to have >= 2 similar modules open and synced at the same time, and I like to have more than one translation of the Bible opened together so I can read an English translation - KJV, WEB, ESV, etc. - and study more in-depth into the original Greek/Hebrew (there's unfortunately no Aramaic version available in the Sword repos).

I know v-1.6.5 has fixed this bug, because I've used it in a different distro, but would really, really, really like it if we could update it in the *buntu repos (PLEASE!!!).  Searching the net for the source code has turned up mostly only ia32 rpm's (and no tarballs  ), but a dude over on the MEPISlovers forum has managed to create both i386 and amd64 .deb's for it, although I can't install either due to differences in dependencies between distros...
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Please update BibleTime to v-1.6.5

What dependencies are identified when you attempt the installation?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It keeps tuting about libclucene0 not being installed, when libclucene0lbdl is installed (same thing, slightly different name)...you wouldn't happen to know how to play around with a package's dependencies, would you?
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Use the --force-depends, you must.
        The Nomad's Land - some Linux humor too

Comment

Awesome!!! It almost works   Now if I can just figure out how to get it to stop crashing every time I try to connect to the SWORD repo.

Edit: Thanks for your help
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

HEY HEY HEY!!! I found the source
            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Yeah, ldd usually good after --force. Forgot to mention that.

Glad that you got that working now
              The Nomad's Land - some Linux humor too

Comment

integr8e

I'm new to Linux and went to the location you identified and downloaded the tar source file, but am reluctant to install it. Please share any hints that you have about the proper installation since you've already successfully updated your Bibletime. My version is working pretty good and I'd rather wait for an update than break this version.

Thanks,
                Jim

Comment

have no idea whether it works or not, but take a look at this
                  quick read suggests you may need libclucene-dev

Comment

The easiest way to install it now would be to use the repository found on musta ruhtinas' link. Just run this command to add it to your sources.list (if you're using Hardy):
                    Code:
                    sudo echo -e "deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] hardy main\ndeb-src [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] hardy main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
                    Or, if you're on Intrepid:
                    Code:
                    sudo echo -e "deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main\ndeb-src [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
                    Or, Gutsy:
                    Code:
                    sudo echo -e "deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] gutsy main\ndeb-src [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu[/url] gutsy main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
                    Then, update apt and install bibletime:
                    Code:
                    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install bibletime
                    That's it
                    Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

A big thanks to musta ruhtinas, Ralph Janke, and integr8e for making it so simple for me to update Bibletime.Integr8e, all I had to do was copy your code for a perfect trouble free installation of Ralph Janke's update.

One more question, any ideas as to how to change the size of fonts in Bibletime's mag window?

Thanks again,
                      Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X