This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sK1

There are lots of people who would like sK1 to be imported to Kubuntu. Here is the link, this is the last program I would need to fully go to Kubuntu, as I use lots of cdr files that I made years ago.

http://www.sk1project.org/modules.php?name=Products

Re: sK1

there are packages for ubuntu 7.10

Comment

Originally posted by 1richard
      this is the last program I would need to fully go to Kubuntu,
      The site you linked has an sK1 Ubuntu 7.10 .deb package you can simply download to your desktop and install with Ark.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

How does sK1 compare to gimp, in features and functions? Just curious -- I'm kinda-sorta used to gimp (used to use PaintShop Pro).

Comment

... vector graphics editor similar to CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, or Freehand.

It would be nice if Gimp could work with vector graphic images, but it doesn't.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I use Inkscape for that kind of stuff. I don't think it supports cdr files, but I'd recommend just biting the bullet and converting all the cdr files to a newer format.
            Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Re: sK1 64amd

I cannot use the version on the sK1 site, as that is the 32 bit version, I tried. Someone needs to port it to the 64 bit side, as most all computers now are 64 bit. I tried to do it by myself, but I do not know that much, so I had to format and reinstall Kubuntu to get rid of all the files. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X