X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount Point Access Problem

Hello
    I am using kubuntu 8.4 as client in my network. We are using Apple SMB server for data sharing. i am able to read and write permission in my apple SMB server storage from my client system (Kubuntu 8.4). I successfully mount SMB server in client system (Kubuntu 8.4) automatically.
    But when ever i try to make sub folder in storage like ( Storage/A****/Ashish ) its creat that but after that i can not access that folder from same system but i can access that folder from my other network system which is working on Win Xp os. So advice me what i have to do i can access Storage, A**** but i can not access Ashish, which is created by me from same system.

Thanks

Re: Mount Point Access Problem

I know you can access the folder from your Windows machine. Can you save files to it from your Windows computer after the folder was created by the Linux machine? If you unmount the share in Linux and then remount the share, does the folder then become accessible? When you say not accessible, do you mean you cannot see it, see it but not write to it, or . . .?

Initially I am wondering about the directory create mask. I am not sure how this works on an Apple machine, I know in Linux it is set in the smb.conf file.

create mask = 0644

The option create mask specifies and sets the necessary permissions according to the mapping from DOS modes to UNIX permissions. With this option set to 0644, all file copying or creating from a Windows system to the Unix system will have a permission of 0644 by default.

directory mask = 0755

The option directory mask specifies and sets the octal modes, which are used when converting DOS modes to UNIX modes when creating UNIX directories. With this option set to 0755, all directory copying or creating from a Windows system to the Unix system will have a permission of 0755 by default.
    Rob

Comment

Working...
    X