This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkpad X200 Tablet wireless.

Ok, I just installed Hardy Heron x86_64 on my X200 Tablet series Thinkpad. I went with 8.04 because I wanted to work with KDE 3 instead of 4. I'm having trouble with the wireless. It doesn't list my wireless card automatically. I don't have access to a hard line right now. I went through and installed ndisgtk, which took some dependency searching, but all is well now. I tried to install the driver for vista (The .inf file), both 32 and 64 bit, and they both said invalid driver. So I tried the Windows XP one, still no dice. Do I need to have another file present, or is it just not going to work with ndisgtk? I read on an online fact sheet that wireless will work, but it listed in parenthesis iwlagn. I'm not familiar with the terminology, but I thought I recalled seeing it during my stay with Zenwalk and XFCE. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? None of the user friendly linux versions I've loaded up on CD have worked out my wireless card either. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You

Re: Thinkpad X200 Tablet wireless.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_9.04_(Jaunty_Jackalope)_on_a_Thi nkPad_X200

According to that wiki, wireless works out of the box in 9.04. If you really want KDE3, you can probably install 9.04 and kde3 remix?

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Kde3/Jaunty

Comment

Re: Thinkpad X200 Tablet wireless.

Sorry it's taking me awhile to respond. I'm currently in training with the U.S. Army, and don't always have the most time to put into this. So, I now have Ubuntu 9.04 and still the Kubuntu 8.04. (I just left it since it was still really easy to do, lol.)

Now, it didn't autodetect the wireless on either. I'm thinking this could be due to the fact that I don't have access to a hardwired internet connection. I can't get access to a hardwired connection either. So, I got the file to install. I was being stupid before and forgot to include the .sys file in the folder with the .inf for the driver. Now I have the driver installed, but it says "Unable to see if hardware is present." In the graphic display on the left it shows the driver and says Hardware Present: Yes.

Any ideas on where I go from here? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X