This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPA with wicd?

I am using "Wicd" for network management. It works well with open networks, but when trying to connect to a wpa enabled network I get an error message "This network requires encryption to be enabled". Duh! I know it's enabled in the AP, but I never get a login page so I can enter the passphrase. I checked, and the Ubuntu wpasupplicant is installed. Is there a special wpasupplicant required for wicd?
    AMD Athlon 64 4800x2 ; Biostar Tforce 550 ; 2gb ; dual-boot Kubuntu 8.04 & Kubuntu 9.04; Dual-boot XP & Vista.

Re: WPA with wicd?

Originally posted by lwrver
    I am using "Wicd" for network management. It works well with open networks, but when trying to connect to a wpa enabled network I get an error message "This network requires encryption to be enabled". Duh! I know it's enabled in the AP, but I never get a login page so I can enter the passphrase. I checked, and the Ubuntu wpasupplicant is installed. Is there a special wpasupplicant required for wicd?
    Get ready for a "Duhhhhhhhhh" moment ....

There's a little down arrow beside the name of your WPA-encrypted network. Click the little arrow, and it will expand to a entry utility where you can put in the TKIP passphrase.

Comment

Re: WPA with wicd?

Also, at least for me, when you get to the point where you enter the passphrase, it defaults to the wrong setting on the type of phrase...don't remember what it's called, but for me, the second one in the dropdown box is right for me. Hopefully that will make more sense when you are looking at the dialog box.

mm0
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
      X