Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up Kubuntu/XP wireless Network?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set up Kubuntu/XP wireless Network?

God help me, if I'm asking for trouble with this one! I want to set up a simple 2-machine network so I can transfer/share files etc wirelessly between my desktop & laptop computers. Here's the set up:

Self-build Desktop PC running Kubuntu 8.04 connected to BTHomehub 2 wirelessly

HP Laptop running Windarse XP also connected to BTHomehub 2 wirelessly.

I know this should be simple enough, and I've successfully set up wireless networks between 2 windows machines before. But I've had to re-install my Linux box so many times already, I don't want to screw it up!

All help gratefully received..................................

Re: How do I set up Kubuntu/XP wireless Network?

As I type - 54 views and not one reply or offer of help.  Must be doing something wrong besides asking politely for help.  Still, other forums.  Thanks to those whom at least took the time to look!

68 views and counting - still no response - amazing!!

Comment

Have you set up samba on the kubuntu box?

Comment

its very simple

on your xp machine share a folder
        then on your kubuntu machine open konqurer and go to smb:/<ip of windows machine>

OR

install samba , turn on file sharing in kubuntu in system settings, and set up your shares in system settings-> sharing then browse with your windows machine by opening explorer and typeing \\<ip of linux box> in to your location bar.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X