This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost my wireless connection

I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 in a dual boot system along with Windows XP. Clicking the Connection Status showed all the wireless networks near me, including mine. I went to Network Settings, then to wlan(0) and entered the Network key. This allowed me to connect wirelessly to the Internet. After using Kubuntu and the Internet for some time, I lost the network connection. The Connection Status icon does not detect any wireless networks and wlan(0) is missing in the Network Settings.

The network is working because I'm sending this over it.

What do I need to do to reestablish my wireless network connection in Kubuntu?

Thank you.

Re: I have lost my wireless connection

Originally posted by tlinux
    What do I need to do to reestablish my wireless network connection in Kubuntu?
    Thank you.
    In order to try and help you we will probably have to have some further information. Someone might guess correctly the first time, ...or not.

First, does your system have a led that indicates the wireless radio is on or not? And, is it on?

Some information might be obtained from entering sudo route in a terminal.

Do you connect through a router? If so, are you familiar with the the DHCP settings of the router and/or do you know what IP address you expect the wireless to obtain?
    Entering the command sudo ifconfig in a terminal would show some information.

The information in the /etc/network/interfaces file might also be helpful.

If you didn't understand any part of that, just ask, there are lots of people here to help you by answering your specific questions.

Comment

Working...
    X