This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror and Windows Mobile 6

I connect to the internet with my PPC using Windows Mobile 6 Internet Sharing feature and Hardy 8.04. It is configured as follows:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...windows+mobile

Everything is great. I use Firefox 3.03 and Opera 9.61 to browse, Evolution for e-mail... However, I decided to install the KDE desktop,(KDE 3.5.10) and give Konqueror,(3.5.10) a try. Konqueror doesn't recognize my internet connection. I can still browse with Firefox and Opera, but no Konqueror.

The settings for Konqueror is default, (it's newly installed). I am not working offline. What do I need to do to get this to work?

Re: Konqueror and Windows Mobile 6

I thought I'd have a look at the howto you mentioned but I don't think that link you gave goes where you think it does, it took me to the main Ubuntu forum page. I'm just not willing to search for whatever howto you used.

However, if the other browsers work, I can't think of a reason konq won't unless the kde desktop didn't install correctly or something like that. What sort of error message did konqueror drop when you tried to surf?

Comment

Re: Konqueror and Windows Mobile 6

I think you're right about a bad install. I switched back to the Gnome Desktop and was able to surf with Konq that way.

Thanks for your help...

Comment

Working...
      X