This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNetworkManager says "No Wireless Network Found" after update

I am running Kubuntu 8.04 on my Compaq Presario R3000, which has a Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03). I have the b43 and ssb modules loaded and the b43legacy and ndiswrapper modules blacklisted. It has been working for quite some time without any problems. The only thing that changed recently was that there were some updates that came through Adept. Unfortunately, I didn't pay too much attention to what they were, but it seems a reasonable guess that my wireless network stopped working after one of the updates because I didn't do anything else with the configuration. I do know that a new kernel version (2.6.24-21) came through recently, but even if I boot with the previous version (2.6.24-19), KNetworkManager still says that no wireless networks are found. I know my network is working because another computer running (sorry) Windows connects just fine. It also may be worth mentioning that the blue antenna light on the laptop is on -- always a good sign.

The wired network is working just fine, but that's not too much fun with a laptop. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Re: KNetworkManager says "No Wireless Network Found" after update

Hey Snoopy,

I have the same problem. I update to 8.10, turned on my wireless Broadcom 802.11g/b, and tried to connect. How does one manage the wireless?

Comment

8.10/Kubuntu has shocking wireless readiness. Thumbs down. I've tried so much to get my wireless working. It's a 4965AG Intel daughter board in my laptop.

Comment

My Intel Corporation PRO/100 VE Network Connection (rev 02) that's in my Toshiba P105-S6147 Sattelite works just fine with KNetworkManager. I didn't have to do anything special. It works in GG, HH, and II. I can switch between wired and wireless using KNetworkManager.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've been using Kubuntu since it's 5.10 edition, and overall, I absolutely love it, but I have to admit that I've had problems all the way through with wireless. That said, I understand that the hardware is held in great secrecy by the vendors, so my hat is off to those who are able to make drivers that work and to those who are able to get them to work. I'm still working on resolving this issue, and if I find the solution, I'll certainly share my experience. In the mean time, my laptop has a CAT-5 cable attached. Not the worst think that could happen.

Comment

snoopy and Kannedheat.

Please see Kannedheat's other thread on the same subject. You both may have similar problems. No guarantees here, but maybe we can find a solution -- too many of us on Kubuntu are successfully using Broadcom 43xx chips to write off wifi usage.
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
            X