This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network setup problem

I am experiencing difficulty trying to set up my network with Kubuntu 8.04. When I attempt to run Zeroconf Service Discovery from Network Settings - System Settings and check the box for Enable Zeroconf network browsing and click apply, I get an error message that says Error - KdeSudo Command Not Found. Anyone have suggestions on how to correct this? The network runs under Samba, I can see all the windows machines on the network from my Linux machine but I can't see my Linux machine from the windows machines and I am not able to access any Linux machine from any other Linux machine. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Network setup problem

Same problem here, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by handyman
      I am experiencing difficulty trying to set up my network with Kubuntu 8.04. When I attempt to run Zeroconf Service Discovery from Network Settings - System Settings and check the box for Enable Zeroconf network browsing and click apply, I get an error message that says Error - KdeSudo Command Not Found. Anyone have suggestions on how to correct this? The network runs under Samba, I can see all the windows machines on the network from my Linux machine but I can't see my Linux machine from the windows machines and I am not able to access any Linux machine from any other Linux machine. What am I doing wrong?
      Are you getting that error message when you click on the Administrator Mode button? That should bring up the dialog blox to enter your sudo password.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
        Originally posted by handyman
        Are you getting that error message when you click on the Administrator Mode button? That should bring up the dialog blox to enter your sudo password.
        I'm having the same problem and it comes up after i've entered the sudo passwork and clicked on "enable browsing" in the box that comes up after clicking "apply".

David

Comment

Working...
        X