X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to network (bcm43xx)

Hello

Few days ago I installed Kubuntu. After few hours I found out how to install wireless card (bcm 43xx - sorry, don't remember exact number). Now Network Menager can see networks around, but I can't connect to any. After choosing network and enter key connection stops on 28% (Activation State: Configuring device). I've searched a lot of forums and didn't find any solution. Can somebody helps me?

Re: Can't connect to network (bcm43xx)

1. Get as close as possible to the wireless access point (WAP) and try and connect
    2. Try and use WPA, if it works then try WPA2
    3. Try changing the channel
    4. type dmesg in the console and post the messages from bcm here for us to look at
    5. Make sure you are using the correct password
    6. If it is laptop make sure the wireless is activated
    7. Type lspci and it will tell you the BCM4x number

Comment

1. I'm sitting 1 meter from router.
      2. Doesn't work width WPA. I can't check with WPA2, because it's not my router (it's company one)
      3. How?
      4. dmesg |grep bcm:
      Code:
      [  42.930176] ndiswrapper: driver bcmwl5 (ASUS,03/22/2004, 3.60.7.0) loaded
      [  43.290230] wlan0: ethernet device 00:0f:66:1d:a6:1d using NDIS driver: bcmwl5, version: 0x33c0700, NDIS version: 0x500, vendor: 'NDIS Network Adapter', 14E4:4320.5.conf
      [  49.392253] bcm43xx driver
      5. I was checking it maaaaany times
      6. No. It's not a laptop.
      7. lscpi:
      Code:
      02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)

Comment

Suggest you try irc.freenode.net #bcm-users

It may be - doesn't like the channel that the WAP is using (seen this a few times)
        or - the wpa supplicant is failing

Comment

It may very well be that WPA will not work. I saw this mentioned about some of the tests on a web page that gave results of testing with different Broadcom wireless chips. That is one of the reasons I decided to just get a USB adapter that will work with WPA and not use the internal wireless in my Dell laptop. Fortunately my wireless network was G and not N, since I could find no mention of working N adapters!

You might want to check these sites out:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/w...ian_.2F_Ubuntu
          Thyme<br />Dell Inspiron 1520<br />Kubuntu (Jaunty Jackalope)

Comment

Working...
          X