This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetworkmanager and Bluetooth broked

Hi after having all manner of audio/video playback on Gutsy I decided to 'upgrade' to Hardy. Unfortunately now my videos play but I can no longer connect to the internet.
    My usual routine to get online (in Gutsy) was to open the terminal and type: sudo pand --search to connect via PAN and then right click network manager and select Bluetooth host controller (Bnep0). Unfortunately in Hardy the network manager does not come up with the Bluetooth option. Any ideas how to fix this? I am having to use my phone now to post as I have no other way of connecting to the internet. I do not really understand how 'upgrading' can break something that was working perfectly well.

Re: Knetworkmanager and Bluetooth broked

Hi,
    I had a very similar problem with a fresh installation of Kubuntu 9.04. The method described in many sources on how to connect to internet sharing the internet connection of a mobile phone does not work due to the upgraded version of bluez, which does not include pand anymore. To have pand back you have to install bluez-compat, but I did not want to do it, since I do not want legacy packages that may disappear from one day to the other, I ended up in using blueman: http://blueman-project.org/. Unfurtanately, the bluetooth manager is for gnome, but it did the job! The only thing I had to fix manually was the DNS server.

HTH
    Ste

Comment

Working...
    X