This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSL Connection issues

I just recently upgrade my girl friends laptop to Hardy and everything went fine on the upgrade except that her DSL connection does not work. Before the upgrade DSL worked beautifully, initially when she ran pppoeconf it worked. After reboot it does connect and even says established but cannot connect to any webpages, p2p or anything. It is not the ISP because on windows it works fine.

Any ideas?

Re: DSL Connection issues

The two computers I upgraded to hardy e working on DSL for a few hours. They stopped when I was trying to get them to print (LJ3330 thru JetDirect). The other one, still on gutsy, is fine. I have two modems (one is a spare) and the gutsy box will connect using either one. The other two won't even connect to the modems' firmware through Konqueror (didn't have time to get Firefox in before they stopped connecting), so it isn't a DSL problem (except when the DSL light blinks, which happens too often lately).

Comment

Re: DSL Connection issues

It seemed to be a networkmanager issue. On the initial install I could only manually input the information for the internet information. If I attempted to use DHCP the option would not save. I basically waited a week, did an update through apt-get and it works great.

Comment

Working...
      X