This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Cisco Clean Access Agent (CCA) Issues

I have an aggravating problem I need help with: my university uses Cisco's Clean Access Agent (CCA) to manage network connections - i.e. validate the user has permission to connect to the network. To connect from a laptop, you must first connect to the wireless network via ESSID + HEX key (no problem), and then log into the network using your username and password before you can actually use the internet. From Windows, this is done by way of CCA, and on Mac's and Linux PC's, you should just be able to enter your username and PW from a login screen that opens from a browser window.

The problem is, whenever I enter my username and PW from Firefox/Konqueror in Kubuntu, I'm redirected to a page explaining my university uses CCA ... and that I need to download and install it before I can connect to the network. CCA is strictly Window$ based, and doesn't work in Linux (I unsuccessfully attempted using Wine, not really expecting it to work). I found this thread explaining how to modify my /etc/nsswitch.conf file to connect to the network, but still cannot get it to work. The Help Desk at my university is unfamiliar with Linux, so if anybody has experience on the subject, please help; I'd really like to switch entirely to Kubuntu, and this is the only problem holding me back.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Cisco Clean Access Agent (CCA) Issues

BUMP
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

No experience with CCA but have the same problem with a SonicWall router we use at work. SonicWall uses, on this model, a client for authentication. Problem. Designed only for Windows. Not even a Mac. go figure. Anyway, have you look on Cisco's web site? I have nothing here further, but I'll look.

Comment

If nothing pops up here, I'd try the very large audience at Ubuntu forums, where you might run into others dealing with such work environments, as I'm sure there must be some/many folks with the same problems. Thanks to google, first time I've heard of CCA; sorry I don't have more.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

@MoonRise,

I checked Cisco's website, they aren't any more help than a Google search.

@Qqmike,

OK; I've posted on the Ubuntu forums, as well as several others. Hopefully somebody has experienced a similar problem, and found a solution.
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

COOL BEANS!!! I found a workaround! I haven't tried all the settings yet, but if you open Konqueror and change its browser identity to "Netscape Navigator version 4.76 on Mac PPC", the CCA server thinks I'm on a Mac and lets me log in (even though I'm using Kubuntu)!!! Thanks @Snowhog for the awesome suggestion

@MoonRise, you can probably use the same technique and change Konqueror's identity to IE.
            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Re: [Solved] Cisco Clean Access Agent (CCA) Issues

I do love that about Konqueror!! Greatest browser of all!! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X