X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My machine got slow after removing ubuntu-desktop

Hello:

Last week I tried to put the ubuntu-desktop over my machine running kubuntu 8.04 (hardy) I was able to run it fine, although slow. After couple of days I decided that I prefer the kde desktop better, so I searched tha forums and searched "getting back to a pure kde on ubuntu" and followed the instructions. It all went fine, but now I notice that my computer is way much slower than before. Note: Please note that I originally installed kubuntu over windows using wubi.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Re: My machine got slow after removing ubuntu-desktop

Originally posted by newguynet
    Hello:

Last week I tried to put the ubuntu-desktop over my machine running kubuntu 8.04 (hardy) I was able to run it fine, although slow. After couple of days I decided that I prefer the kde desktop better, so I searched tha forums and searched "getting back to a pure kde on ubuntu" and followed the instructions. It all went fine, but now I notice that my computer is way much slower than before. Note: Please note that I originally installed kubuntu over windows using wubi.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    Unless you really need to run 8.04 I would suggest downloading and installing 9.10. It is cleaner and faster, will work with older machines and you will clean up your system. Be sure to back up your home folder so you have all your photo and music collections.
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Working...
    X